Saturday, February 6, 2010

your friends vs. mine





last night i got to experience my first, first friday; an event in downtwon phx that takes over a strip of streets; the first friday of every month. Its an art expo where all local designers set up tent and show off all their designs while civilians get to look and seek for bars. Being under 21 i was a little hesitant of going just because all of my friends that i went with are all over 21. While checking out all the cool street venders we were desperately looking for a bar/restaurant to watch the laker game, of course we dont find the game but we find this jam-packed bar that doesnt id me!! predictable me...i felt like a GIANT under21 year old in a midst of all "adults"...so nervous that a bouncer was watching my every move. but he didnt, while trying to calm myself we found a jersey girl, talking to her i felt like i was in the clear,not even noticing i still had a corona in my hand...

the night turned into what other bars can we get sam into??!!! though i loved being in a bar and actually feeling comfortable i didnt want to press my luck.
the night ended up being completely random; finding 2 of my professors at the bar, watching a 90 year old woman group, a 40 year old man, lose two friends when we ran on the lightrail, and finally using my co-interns id at a bar and getting it taken away....the dumb bouncer ended up being from long island, and having a south hampton id he started talking to me about long island, obviously he knew i looked nothing like her and asked what county south hampton is in....all i know is nassau, because thats where im from....i dont know south hampton and he stumped me!!! it was still a good night, i really did enjoy myself, and with the most perfect group of friends. I'm so lucky to be surrounded by kids that actually care about me and my well being, not once did they leave me behind because i was underage, we went together, we stayed together, "no man is left behind"..

really take advantage of first friday if you live in the phx area, its a lot of fun, and if your like me and my friends just being with each other will make it 10x better.

xoxo,
sam

No comments:

Post a Comment